Recycling Carbon Footprint Savings Calculator
What does this Recycling Carbon Footprint Savings calculator do?
Introducing our user-friendly Recycling Carbon Footprint Savings Calculator, designed to help you understand the positive impact of recycling various materials on the environment. By inputting the weight of the recycled material and selecting the appropriate unit (kilograms or pounds), you can instantly calculate the amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions you’ve prevented from entering the atmosphere.
How do I use the Recycling Carbon Footprint Savings calculator?
To use the calculator, simply choose the type of material you’ve recycled, enter the weight, and select the unit of measurement. Click on the “Calculate Savings” button to discover how your recycling efforts contribute to a greener, cleaner planet.
How much CO2 can you save by recycling?
With this tool, you can calculate how much Carbon Dioxide (CO2) you can save per weight of material recycled.
- For every kg/lbs of plastic recycled, you save: 1.02kg/2.26 lbs of CO2.
- For every kg/lbs of paper recycled, you save: 0.46kg/1.01 lbs of CO2.
- For every kg/lbs of glass recycled, you save: 0.31kg/0.68 lbs of CO2.
- For every kg/lbs of metals recycled, you save: 5.86kg/12.92 lbs of CO2.
- For every kg/lbs of textiles recycled, you save: 3.37kg/7.43 lbs of CO2.
Calculations Based On:
Turner, D. A., Williams, I. D., & Kemp, S. (2015). Greenhouse gas emission factors for recycling of source-segregated waste materials. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 105, 186-197. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2015.10.026